Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow Day Alert!!!

Hello everyone, and yes, as the title of this post suggests, today London was blanketed in snow so we had only a half day of school! Yeah! 

This is also a particularly special blog post for me, because the weather was exactly the same just under a year ago when I buckled down and finally started to write this blog you are reading. I don't know if you remember but I also wrote about snow, speculating about some very large animal footprints in the white stuff. Whoa, it seems like a long time ago now :).

Anyway, I'm getting off topic. So, like last year, the mighty snow demons didn't let it snow until mid-January, but at least there was some. And today has had all the elements of a snow day, from snowball fights (:)), to slipping onto my side in black ice while being watched by a film crew (:(), and even a very bizarre snow angel-type-thing on our school playing field that looked like a cross between an apple and a floppy-eared rabbit. Perhaps a UFO...shame I didn't have my camera!

Anyway, here are my spectacular snow shots (note my alliteration)...

This is a restaurant near my house that had one of the best snow coverings I've seen today. No one's going to want the umbrellas out now, hey?!




And here's a great photo (although I say so myself) of a little alley leading down to a yoga and pilates place. I'm surprised it got this much snow because it's so closed up, but do I know anything?

- DP :)

No comments:

Post a Comment